Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Another Trash/Treasure
darz5150
# Posted: 23 Oct 2024 01:16

Couldn't find my old thread so...
The wife was as a Dr's appt. And I had some time to kill. So I went behind the stores to throw some trash in the dumpster. Then BAM.
I found this brand new gas fire pit in the dumpster behind the True Value store. Didn't know what could be wrong with it, but I thought if I couldn't fix it, I could canabilze it.
Took it home, hooked up a tank. And it lit. But it wouldn't stay lit. Found a wire hanging. Don't really even know what it's for. But I figured it had some to do with the thermocouple. Stripped the end and held it where it looked like a wire was.
That fixed it. Just need to add rock on the top burner.
Screenshot_20241022.png
Screenshot_20241022.png
Screenshot_20241022.png
Screenshot_20241022.png
Screenshot_20241022.png
Screenshot_20241022.png

gcrank1
# Posted: 23 Oct 2024 02:47

Great save!

paulz
# Posted: 23 Oct 2024 12:30

Nice dumpster dive! I use the same method when at the mall, drop the wife off out front then go around back.

I have a similar unit on the cabin deck. Not a dumpster dive though, someone gave it to me. Takes an LP fiver.
IMG_3745.jpeg
IMG_3745.jpeg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.