Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / New Grill
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
paulz
# Posted: 13 Oct 2024 23:31 - Edited by: paulz

Quoting: darz5150
Paul. I know you like onions like I do.
Here's something you can try that's super easy. It's a red neck blooming onion. Take an onion, cut out some of the core like an apple, but not all

Hey Darz! Ok I did it, mostly. I thought you said something about potato so that’s where I started. Cheese on top of that, onion slices, no beef cubes so used pork bits, green onion.

I was a bit apprehensive, took some cooking time. Tried it on the test mule (wife) and she liked it! Passed me the plate and sure enough, plenty edible! I had made myself a pork sandwich just in case, me and the dog ate that.
IMG_3699.jpeg
IMG_3699.jpeg

darz5150
# Posted: 14 Oct 2024 00:47

Lol. That's awesome.

darz5150
# Posted: 17 Oct 2024 15:44 - Edited by: darz5150

Paul. I made a redneck bloomin' onion last nite.
This is an ONION only.
Core the onion and cross slice. This time I used an apple corer. To keep from slicing all the way through. You can put the onion on a pickle jar lid or something like it. But it won't hurt if you cut all the way through either.
Drop a beef cube in the hole. Top off with butter. Wrap it in foil, and put it on a hot grill about 15 or 20 minutes before your meat. Cook till it's as soft as you want.
Drop in billion cube
Drop in billion cube
Top off with Butter
Top off with Butter
Wrap like a Hershey kiss
Wrap like a Hershey kiss

darz5150
# Posted: 17 Oct 2024 15:49 - Edited by: darz5150

The longer you cook it, the more concentrated sweet and salty it becomes. Put it on whatever you want. Then eat.
Screenshot_20241017.png
Screenshot_20241017.png
Done
Done

paulz
# Posted: 18 Oct 2024 17:04

Ok, looking forward to it. I don’t have any butter here, for some reason, nor beef cubes, nor a coring tool. Onions I got. Back to grid Sunday.

gcrank1
# Posted: 18 Oct 2024 19:46

That sure looks yummy Darz, we will Have To try it

paulz
# Posted: 21 Oct 2024 14:20

Quoting: darz5150
Core the onion and cross slice. This

Well I got the butter yesterday but the apple core tools were sold out. Couldn’t find the beef cubes either, they’re normally on the shelf? I still have a couple days to mess around here in the city..

darz5150
# Posted: 21 Oct 2024 15:05

You don't have to use the core tool. I used it last time because we got a Cuisinart one at the thrift store for 50¢. Lol
I just use a pocket or kitchen knife. Also we keep Knorrs brand bullion powder around for soups/stews etc. They have it at Walmart. Chicken and beef flavored. Or Amazon.

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.