Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / Looking like a wet day
ICC
# Posted: 30 Jun 2024 12:35 - Edited by: ICC

Rained most of the night, not hard but a relatively steady rain. That is sort of unusual for our mountains. Downpours are more common. Very welcome except for interfering with a little planned dead tree removal.
AM
AM

gcrank1
# Posted: 30 Jun 2024 12:52

It must feel good

Nobadays
# Posted: 30 Jun 2024 12:58

We've had rain everyday now for nearly two weeks. Sometimes just a few short showers, other times major downpours with hail. Yesterday's forecast was for 20%, we got all of that! Got the gentle overnight rain last night as well on this side of the mountains.

Not complaining! When you live in the woods a wet forest is not a bad thing! Does put a damper on outside chores though.

ICC
# Posted: 30 Jun 2024 13:05

Quoting: gcrank1
It must feel good

You betcha!

ICC
# Posted: 30 Jun 2024 13:09

Quoting: Nobadays
When you live in the woods a wet forest is not a bad thing!

Too unusual though. The nice thing is that we have not had a real monsoon downpour, unlike a few areas of our state that is experiencing flooding. I love these rains that make puddles and not flowing streams.

ICC
# Posted: 30 Jun 2024 14:59 - Edited by: ICC

I planted (scattered) several pounds of native NM grass seeds in some areas that are still sparsely grassed since the fire. Mostly Blue Grama. Seed courtesy (free) of the local soul & water conservation agency.

I raked the wet soil, spread seed and raked over again. Now we need some warm weather and enough mild rain to keep it moist.
Seed
Seed

paulz
# Posted: 2 Jul 2024 23:05 - Edited by: paulz

Left the house for the cabin yesterday, big heat expected today. Sure enough, 10 degrees cooler just a half hour away. A friend says it’s actually 105. Cabin thermo says 91. More tomorrow
IMG_2954.jpeg
IMG_2954.jpeg

gcrank1
# Posted: 2 Jul 2024 23:40

Lol, we had 63F today for a high (pretty much 20 less than average!) and rain am and pm with a few hours respite in between. Was going to go to cabin but stayed home....did change out the leaking kitchen faucet and some other odd jobs.

paulz
# Posted: 3 Jul 2024 00:07 - Edited by: paulz

At 63F I’d be lighting the wood stove! Actually last night is the first night this year with no all night burn. Still low 70s this morning. Kind of miss poking the morning coals with coffee in hand..

ICC
# Posted: 3 Jul 2024 12:58

52F outside here at home this morning. Indoors holding at 72 with no help from heating or cooling. Rained yesterday. NWS says a 76 F high today and sunny. Very nice.

paulz
# Posted: 5 Jul 2024 14:22

Still a heat wave going on here. Was supposed to cut back for the 4th but now supposed to hang on another day or two. Still managed to take in the local pancake breakfast and an afternoon friends bbq but nice to get back to the shady cabin. Skipped the parade and fireworks, heat too much for the old bones. At least the wood stove getting a break.
IMG_2989.jpeg
IMG_2989.jpeg

ICC
# Posted: 31 Aug 2024 19:44

Wet, yes. With hail today.

https://youtube.com/shorts/37ayXQ3VVFc?si=fGTYEFNMZDcpE7-M

Nobadays
# Posted: 1 Sep 2024 14:45

We are getting pretty tired of the rain.... it's went from "we need it" to "well the rain is keeping the fire danger really low" to... "we've had enough! " Since June 1st we have had only 11 days without at least a sprinkle or two. Yesterday was actually pretty nice and as we were sitting on the couch after dinner I remarked that it hadn't rained... shortly after, it rained!

Fanman
# Posted: 1 Sep 2024 20:44

After a long day yesterday working in the hangar putting the wings on the new plane I headed up to the cabin this morning. It started raining after lunch, which was the perfect excuse to take a nice nap on the screened porch. Now the sun is shining again.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.