Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off Topic / If You Are Not Doing Stuff Directly Related To Cabins....
<< . 1 . 2 .
paulz
# Posted: 15 Jul 2024 12:17 - Edited by: paulz

Quoting: paulz
referral shop has it now

Got the split rim flat fixed and truck back on all 6 legs.Not getting an estimate I’d been worrying about the typical auto repair escalation (“We had to replace the tire, comes to $800….), but I got off easy. They did find a pin hole in the tube (I witnessed that with soapy water) which I guess caused the flat in the first place, and replaced the tube fearing a patch might not last. Total cost 60 bucks, happily paid. I’ll put a patch on the old tube and wait for the creek to fill up enough to float around.

Fanman
# Posted: 16 Jul 2024 10:12

I do a fair amount of woodworking when I have the time. I especially like working with the twisty branches and roots of mountain laurel. Mostly lamps, but also some small tables. But right now getting the new plane together is occupying most of my free time when I'm not at the cabin.
Lamps.jpg
Lamps.jpg
three_more_lamps.jpg
three_more_lamps.jpg

paulz
# Posted: 16 Jul 2024 12:53 - Edited by: paulz

Wow those are nice Fanmam!

I’ve been up to a less artistic wood project last couple weeks. The local fire station (I’m a volunteer) has a 4x25’ sidewalk out front, very old and rotting 2x pressure treat. I have enough leftover redwood from my deck I milled a few years ago, and have tasked myself with replacing it. So far I’ve been running it through my poor old Delta planer, have it just about ready to drag down there.
IMG_3032.jpeg
IMG_3032.jpeg
IMG_2956.jpeg
IMG_2956.jpeg

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.