Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 20x12 Shed Roof Cabin in Cascades
<< . 1 . 2 .
willywilly2020
# Posted: 9 Apr 2024 15:55

Made my own plans! See my other posts for the plans

willywilly2020
# Posted: 2 May 2024 16:56

A little delayed on this update, but I built a outhouse for my cabin! Similar to my woodshed I used the local mill scrap for siding, and vented out the side. Did I forget to square the floor? Maybe. Did it turn out alright in the end? Always.
outhouse
outhouse
inside
inside
hole
hole

willywilly2020
# Posted: 2 May 2024 17:04

I only had a few days to build, so didn't have time to cure/take the bark off the cedar posts. Am planning to do that this summer even though it will be chaotic to do so post-install.

Grizzlyman
# Posted: 2 May 2024 17:56

Leave it on! Looks good!

willywilly2020
# Posted: 16 Jul 2024 17:37

Spent a week out at camp and FINALLY boarded up my soffits and installed my handbuilt mushroom mosaic window in my outhouse!
IMG_9871.jpeg
IMG_9871.jpeg
IMG_9868.jpeg
IMG_9868.jpeg

gcrank1
# Posted: 16 Jul 2024 23:55

It all looks SO good

WILL1E
# Posted: 17 Jul 2024 12:29

willywilly2020 any changed to the inside lately?

willywilly2020
# Posted: 19 Jul 2024 20:32

Nope! Inside is pretty much the same. Still need to install my solar system/lighting fixtures

Scotty Dosent Know
# Posted: 6 Sep 2024 18:25

I'm located likely in the same general area and am hopefully going to be starting a build soon. Just out of curiosity did you deal with permitting or just roll the dice? Im leaning on just rolling the dice diving in but Washington seems....."particular" about things like that LOL

willywilly2020
# Posted: 24 Sep 2024 19:11

Quoting: Scotty Dosent Know
I'm located likely in the same general area and am hopefully going to be starting a build soon. Just out of curiosity did you deal with permitting or just roll the dice? Im leaning on just rolling the dice diving in but Washington seems....."particular" about things like that LOL

Keep in mind the tax assessor will come out and walk your property every year. My cabin is a little over 240sq ft (200sq ft max size for not needing a permit). So I rolled the dice a little but it wasn't too risky.

gcrank1
# Posted: 24 Sep 2024 23:48

I think many 'assessors' are using sat-pics and only going for a look-at when the sat-pic flags 'new stuff'.
And fwiw, our 'official folks' don't need permission to go on our property even if its a locked gate.
Ive found it easier to be a good neighbor/member of the community than trying to buck the system anymore.

ICC
# Posted: 25 Sep 2024 00:07

Quoting: gcrank1
Ive found it easier to be a good neighbor/member of the community than trying to buck the system anymore.

Can be more rewarding too.

Brettny
# Posted: 25 Sep 2024 11:05

Just get the darn permit. Cost is prob next to nothing for it in the long run and then you have nothing to hide.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.