Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / LED lighting project
Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 16 Jul 2014 00:21

Hey all

I thought some of you might be interested in a off grid lighting solution I am using. With the cost of LEDs so low and the efficiency so high its a perfect way to add some light.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftQ1fsBOirc&feature=youtu.be

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 16 Jul 2014 07:47

Looks great! I like the rustic wood design! I have propane lighting inside and have been slowly making more and more led lights for my place. They are so efficient and they don't give off the heat the propane lights do!

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 16 Jul 2014 10:53

Love your videos!

What would you say the wattage is of the roll of LEDs? Where did you order from?

I would love to replace the candelabra sockets of a ceiling fan with something brighter and more energy efficient.

I have other uses/ideas too...

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 16 Jul 2014 11:12

Thanks Cabincalls
The LEDs are 4watts per meter, so the roll is 20watts. I bought them on ebay, search for warm white LED strip.

TheCabinCalls
# Posted: 16 Jul 2014 15:14

So would you say that the whole roll is the equivalent of a 100 watt incandescent light bulb?

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 16 Jul 2014 16:22

I would say the light output is very similar to a 100 watt bulb. maybe slightly more. It lights the room to a medium level and the table top is brightly lit.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.