Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / WV Shed Conversion to Tiny Cabin
howen
# Posted: 9 Mar 2014 20:05

Next weekend I am officially beginning construction of my tiny house. I have lurked on tiny house blogs and forums for several years. It is a 10x12 shed conversion to a tiny cabin. Follow it here, if you are interested. Cheers!

http://rivershed.blogspot.com/

And thank you for your inspiration!

Just
# Posted: 9 Mar 2014 20:47

not sure but I did not see a loft access in that floor plan .no matter what you have planed it takes a bit of your small space . I like your use of split floor heights .I did that in a 8x12 and ended up with two bedrooms in the loft with standing room to change.

howen
# Posted: 9 Mar 2014 21:45

Thanks for the question and suggestion. The ceiling will permit loft height only waste high. The design calls for a loft only as wide as a mattress, but ten feet long--the entire width of the cabin, above the sofa. You could call it a bunk. Access will be ladder through hole in loft at foot of mattress, extending down next to sofa.

Just
# Posted: 9 Mar 2014 22:16

You will want a window in the loft if not two, to keep it cool in warm weather [ it's a must ] you have a great start good luck!!

Nirky
# Posted: 10 Mar 2014 03:38

Too bad about the chicken.

howen
# Posted: 10 Mar 2014 18:02

Thanks for the loft window suggestion. Plan to have one there. May put another at the other end of the house if there is room. Cross vent is probably important too.

Oddly the chicken is still with us today. She did not lay. Not sure what to make of it. Will keep you posted.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.