Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 16'x24' on Abitibi river in Ontario
DungeonX
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 08:25

Well I have trolled these forums for about a year while i bought, cleared hauled and built my cabin. Due to my job and timing it took me from May till november to get it finished but I am finally to a point where i can start the wood stove andlock the door. To all who would start a project like this be ready for a lot of time and work but in the end it is awesome to finally have a place to go to rather than just an empty piece of land. I thought I would post some pictures and just open my first thread.

Cheers
foundation
foundation
cabin1
cabin1
cabin2
cabin2
cabin3
cabin3

DungeonX
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 08:27

one more
nov28.JPG
nov28.JPG

jrbarnard
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 08:37

looks cold but cozy

Bevis
# Posted: 10 Nov 2012 10:52

Nice place, looks like its coming along fine.

KSalzwedel
# Posted: 17 Nov 2012 00:02

Looks like you are building in the same weather we are.

creeg
# Posted: 10 Apr 2013 15:25

Hello Dungeon X,

just wondering, did you just place those logs, level on the ground? or do you have any type of foundation under the wood?

DungeonX
# Posted: 23 Apr 2013 17:52

The logs are 4x6 creosoted beams cut to 36" and are cribbed on the ground, it will mean that for the first few years i will have to jack and level but it should be ok. My first spring is almost here so i will see how much it has heaved

Ontario lakeside
# Posted: 24 Apr 2013 09:56

Nice looking cabin. did you have any problems with minimum square footage when getting your permit? Im near Peterborough and the minimum here is 528' sq.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.