Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 800 Square Foot Self Built in No MN
Riverbound
# Posted: 31 Aug 2024 19:41

My husband and I spent the last two years building a cabin in extreme northern MN. It was a great way to start our retirement. Lots of challenges, lots of rewards.

The cabin is 2 bedroom/2 bathroom + loft and includes a laundry.

We finished the outside in some LP Smartside left over from a previous project, and crinkle steel (non-shiny!). Color is black - trim is tan. Handmade the rafters. Made rafter ties from rebar. Spray foam insulation. Interior is finished in circle sawn rough pine finished with a protective product from Canada that makes the boards look weathered. Everything was made to withstand freezing so when (not if) our pour fails, the cabin should hold up well.

We made a unique Murphy door system to hide the utilities and laundry that I'll include in another post. Saved a ton of floor space.
Floorplan
Floorplan
Front Elevation Rendering
Front Elevation Rendering
Finished Cabin - Front
Finished Cabin - Front
Interior Shot
Interior Shot

Riverbound
# Posted: 31 Aug 2024 19:51

Other interior views of No MN Cabin:
Fireplace
Fireplace
Bunk Room
Bunk Room
Dining Nook
Dining Nook
Kitchen
Kitchen

Desim
# Posted: 1 Sep 2024 11:24 - Edited by: Desim

Nice build! I am thinking of building something similar, with the nook/booth, and bunk rooms as a definite part of the build!

Edit love the fire place pic!

The Mantle caught my eye then the wall, finally the ceiling!

gcrank1
# Posted: 1 Sep 2024 12:47

Wow, Major Build!
Fwiw, our home has been 940sf for the past 35+ years, your place would be an upgrade.

jsahara24
# Posted: 3 Sep 2024 12:33

Very nice place! Congrats...

Grizzlyman
# Posted: 3 Sep 2024 14:37 - Edited by: Grizzlyman

Very beautiful-great job. You can tell you put a ton of thought and planning into it. Where are you at general area?- Don’t feel you have to give yourself away lol but I’m in MN as well. Lake vermillion general area for us.

socceronly
# Posted: 13 Sep 2024 21:07

That is simply gorgeous.

Well done.

ICC
# Posted: 13 Sep 2024 23:43

Very nicely done!

FishHog
# Posted: 14 Sep 2024 12:02

beautiful. Thanks for sharing

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.