Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / New Carport
drb777
# Posted: 27 Jun 2024 03:01 - Edited by: drb777

'Finished construction of a metal carport that should require little if any maintenance. Of course, lots of cheaper carports available, but few I find as attractive and functional. And the current pricing is the lowest I've seen listed in more than a year (no S&H or sales tax). I did a solo assembly, in about 4 half-days. (The 6 piers down to bedrock took almost as long.) It measures 14' X 20' and weighs almost 1000 lb. I'm tempted to add a concrete floor, frame in some walls and turn it into a workshop. But that'll be another project later on. https://sunjoyshop.com/products/autocove-20-ft-x-14-ft-brown-gable-roof-carport-with- 2-ceiling-hooks
All Metal Carport
All Metal Carport

paulz
# Posted: 27 Jun 2024 04:50 - Edited by: paulz

Nice! Yeah mine is similar and every time I see it I too think ‘I could just add a floor, some walls….’

Mine gets trailers and heavy equipment parked under it and one suggestion if you park difficult stuff is to protect the posts from getting run into. Cut up plastic drums wrapped around works.

Brettny
# Posted: 27 Jun 2024 12:16

That is a nice looking one for sure!

jsahara24
# Posted: 27 Jun 2024 12:48

Yes very nice looking....maybe a wall on the prevailing wind side to get things started!

ICC
# Posted: 27 Jun 2024 20:00

Looks great and is useful.

gcrank1
# Posted: 27 Jun 2024 22:44

I want....
I need....

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.