Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / two super moons
cabingal3
# Posted: 31 Dec 2013 11:04

two super moons this jan.
sure wish i was at the cabin for one of them at least.it would be so outstanding to see this up high on the mountain.
super moons
super moons

hattie
# Posted: 31 Dec 2013 12:38

Thanks for this cabingal3! The first time I saw a super moon I thought the world was coming to an end. It was so gigantic in the sky! I had never heard of a super moon before and it really frightened me. I'll have to keep a lookout for these ones!!

Happy New Year to you and the mister.

cabingal3
# Posted: 31 Dec 2013 15:56

your welcome hattie.
wish i was in our woods to see it.i could run into the meadow and feel like i was heading straight into it.
but alas here in overcast grey cloudy portland where u see two or three stars and i dont know.i think the grey clouds will cover the super moon tonite.
well if u see it tell us about it gal.hugs and thank u.
happy 2014 to u and your mister too

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 31 Dec 2013 17:26 - Edited by: silverwaterlady

I will be on the road both of these nights and up all night. If I am someplace dark and can get a good shot of the Super Moon I'll post it here. Maybe other members can do this too.

SandyR
# Posted: 31 Dec 2013 18:47

Nice! I will try to see them.

Happy new year!

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 2 Jan 2014 12:56

No luck with the first super moon. It was snowing like crazy last night.

ErinsMom
# Posted: 2 Jan 2014 18:07

cabingal3,
I don't think I knew you lived in Portland. I was in Eugene in the fall and traveled up and down coast. If I were to move from NE TN, it would be to your BEAUTIFUL state.

cabingal3
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 09:04

thanks ErinsMom.it Is a lovely place to be.We could not see the super moon...we had too much fog.if I had been at the cabin I could have seen it sitting on the marsh.i could have felt like I was walking right into it.cant wait to get out there and live at the cabin.

Martian
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 09:59

The two super moons, this January, occur during the New Moon phase...you won't see the moon, but if you live on the coast, you'll have much higher tides.

Tom

naturelover66
# Posted: 3 Jan 2014 19:00

Thanks Cabi... i will post a pic if i see it.
Tonight the Moon is a tiny crescent. ... but its bright. Very pretty.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.