Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Our "Hiking" Adventure
razmichael
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 12:24

Found this amazing place near our cabin (20 minute drive, 30 minute hike in). A small lake feeds into a big one but is about 50 feet higher in elevation so the water has cut gorges, goes under rock bridges, through boulders and more. One spot (Pierres Bath by name) has the water coming down a rock slide which has cut out a almost perfectly round hole about 4 feet diameter and 5 feet deep. Just about a foot below the surface is a small ledge all around the hole to sit in. You sit on the ledge under the water fall with the water flowing out the other side. Kids where running around climbing through rock passages, dog was jumping across 8 foot gaps ignoring the 20 foot drop in between. Wife was shutting her eyes saying "this is what boys do".
Then the problems - I forgot that I am not 20 anymore (actually not 50 anymore) and slipped climbing up a rock. Took a bunch of skin off one ankle and drove a rock into my other shin. Trying not to swear out loud. I tried to stop the bleeding and look like it was nothing. Just then I heard the two high pitched screams as my two boys stepped onto a wasp nest and got stung a bunch of times. So, while hiking (limping) out back to the car and cabin my wife looked at me and said "that was fun wasn't it" in that tone that only a wife can perfect.

Well the doctor has just switched my antibiotic to try to beat the infection in my leg (seems to be working) and I can't wait to get there to take some more and better pictures!
Rock1
Rock1
Rocks2
Rocks2
Rocks3
Rocks3
Rocks4
Rocks4

Truecabin
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 19:09

im sorry you cracked me up this is life at its best
really
you will heal and you wont be sorry you found that cool place

creeky
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 20:47

lol.
every good story needs challenges.

and vinegar for wasp stings.
mmm. hydrogen peroxide for the scrapes.
probably bandages.

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 17 Aug 2013 21:18

Very nice spot. Sorry you got hurt, but all in all quite a day.

O

cabingal3
# Posted: 18 Aug 2013 04:06

gosh.what a time of it u had.i am glad everyone is safe.sorry all got hurt.not a fun time.

trollbridge
# Posted: 18 Aug 2013 13:15

Hahaha!!! I have that same 'wifely' tone perfected!!!!! That was funny!!!

Sorry to hear your adventure turned out to be a little more adventure than you planned but what a great memory you'll have! And you WILL be going back and exploring some more...you know you will!

Hope you are healing nicely and the boys aren't too scared of wasp!

Thank you for sharing the great pictures and thanks also for the great laugh!

naturelover66
# Posted: 18 Aug 2013 20:33

WOW ....... that sure looks like a gorgeous spot......... Glad everyone is ok....... Some fond memories im sure !

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.