Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Seestar S50 Telescope
Dockside
# Posted: 5 May 2024 18:38 - Edited by: Dockside

A heads-up for folks looking to explore the dark skies at their cabin. Just received a Seestar S50 telescope. Not sure if folks have heard about this, but it is a new category of smart telescopes. I picked one up as I heard great reviews and have always wanted to get into astrophotography and dark sky viewing at the cottage. It is an easy portable scope with a battery that can last about 6 hours (can supplement that by adding an external power source). Basically, use a device (smartphone, tablet, computer), tell it what you want to look at and scope automatically finds, tracks, and images. Nice part is you can set it up outside, and if the bugs are bad, head indoors and run and image from there. Extremely easy learning curve making astrophotography accessible for anyone. I attached a couple of images (that were processed using Pixinisght) that were taken by the Seestar.
M51
M51
IC405 Flame Nebula
IC405 Flame Nebula

paulz
# Posted: 5 May 2024 19:40

Wow, how cool is that!

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 14 May 2024 18:37 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

Wow, cool!
I used to be into astronomy in my youth - still have a traditional telescope, don't use it much though.
Well, technology has moved up since for sure.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.