Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Nature / Neat- moose and peacocks
dropkick
# Posted: 8 May 2011 04:54

Was driving up to care for a relatives house a couple days ago (I watch it when they're gone) and passed by one of their neighbor's houses. I normally slow down and look closely there as they have peacocks (several of them albino) and I like to look at them.

The peacocks weren't down in the yard, but a moose cow was, it was about 10 feet off the road. "Cool" I thought, "wish I had my camera", and drove on.

Finished up at the house and was driving back, at the house the cow moose was still there, and now a calf was with her!

They were surrounded by about 20 peacocks and 2 of the males were displaying their feathers (something I've never seen in person before).

Man I wish I'd brought my camera!

On this trip I also saw 2 small herds of mule deer up close - they're coming down to eat the spring grass. And some wild turkeys along the road.
Today I went up, brought my camera and saw nothing.

P.S. For those of you that don't know it, never get close to a moose especially if it's got young (I only felt safe as I was in my truck). Many people (myself included) feel safer with bears.

bobrok
# Posted: 8 May 2011 11:35

How cool. Doesn't it feel awesome being up close to a magestic beast like that?
One of my life goals is to see a moose in the wild.
Moose and peacocks! What a combo! :-)
I wish you had brought your camera also.

hattie
# Posted: 8 May 2011 12:53

Quoting: dropkick
For those of you that don't know it, never get close to a moose especially if it's got young (I only felt safe as I was in my truck). Many people (myself included) feel safer with bears.

Thanks for the information. I didn't know they could be dangerous! I always thought they were pretty docile - shows what I know. I'm glad you told us!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.