Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Houston, we have ignition
gcrank1
# Posted: 15 Sep 2024 02:05

LP infrared wall furnace installed and fired up
Nights and mornings have been cool so I got a head start on it before cool turned to cold. And today was 84*f, LOL.
30K BTU for 320ish sf and two small ceiling fans (30" sweep?) to kick the risen heat and mix it throughout.
With the new very tight and sealed pre-built log cabin we should be cozy.
May seem small to many but for the two of us 'recreationally' it is really a nice space (12x28), way better than some efficiency places Ive been in.

paulz
# Posted: 15 Sep 2024 02:29

Quoting: gcrank1
LP infrared wall furnace

Tell me about that. So it makes electrical waves or something? Heats up the objects, not the air? Then the heated stuff heats the air? No fan?

gcrank1
# Posted: 15 Sep 2024 02:50

No fan but one can be installed.
Since warm air rises I set the fan blades upward to kick that warm air down the walls and around the room, works well for us.
Infrared is said to be like a wood stove and the sun, those rays warm objects which then become 'heat sinks' (I guess) and radiate heat into the room.
In contrast the 'blue flame' heaters warm the air, which is not that efficient for carrying heat.
I admit to feeling warm with either one.....
The infrared has 'tiles' that glow a nice orange when hot, kinda like looking at a fire but no flames wicking.

ICC
# Posted: 15 Sep 2024 03:16

Vented or vent-free?

paulz
# Posted: 15 Sep 2024 12:36

Ok, Buddy heater type thing, only wall mount. Didn't know they were 'infrared'. And yes, vented?

gcrank1
# Posted: 15 Sep 2024 19:15

Ventless
But we have 2 CO alarms, one a std hardware store type and a super sensitive model (I did a thread on it last year?). Im waiting to compare them if either/both go off (well, not really waiting....) but the specs on the portable Forensics Detector mdl-FD-J001 are Very Good.
Yes, Ive read all I ever find regarding do it, don't do it and take precautions.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.