Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Propane Fridge - thermocouple / safety valve connector
Winnitoba
# Posted: 10 Jul 2024 17:10

Good Day

I have an older UNIQUE propane fridge, model # UGP-8c (it might also be a "Consul").

I broke the connector fitting that holds the end of the thermocouple to the gas safety valve. See the picture below.

Does anyone know where I can find the brass connector circled in red?

Unique no longer makes this part. They offer a replacement for the entire thermostat, but if I could find a generic brass replacement connector, it would be cheaper.

Thank you!
Unique Connector
Unique Connector

Brettny
# Posted: 11 Jul 2024 10:48

You will need to take it appart and go on a hunt to really find a universal fitting.

It may just be a compression fitting but wont know until its removed.

FishHog
# Posted: 11 Jul 2024 11:56

Other option is take it to a machine shop and have them make one. But it’s probably a generic fitting but it might be a hunt to find

Tim_Ohio
# Posted: 11 Jul 2024 15:00

Check with Swagelock or McMaster Carr

gcrank1
# Posted: 11 Jul 2024 16:37

Like so many things, especially old things, it is Disassemble And Inspect to determine a course forward
Its broke anyway....

KelVarnsen
# Posted: 11 Jul 2024 16:57

I was just recent looking for a part for my Unique fridge and I saw that https://www.thecabindepot.ca/ has Unique replacement parts. I can't quite tell from your picture but is this the right part?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.