Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Off-Grid Living / Really off grid living!
paulz
# Posted: 20 Dec 2023 11:25

https://www.businessinsider.com/live-off-the-grid-tiny-house-no-electricity-2023-12
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

gcrank1
# Posted: 20 Dec 2023 12:39

I did that in 1971 when I left home at 18 with $350 in my pocket and a '63 Triumph TR6; flopped where I could until I found an old one-car garage to 'live in'....
Looks like he has a 'higher quality of life' though, lol.

DaveBell
# Posted: 20 Dec 2023 13:25

"I connected with a homeowner who had agreed to let me build a tiny house on her property. She was letting me live in her garden and giving me an extension cord connected to her power." Hmmm.

paulz
# Posted: 20 Dec 2023 13:27 - Edited by: paulz

GC,
I thought maybe that was you! That new place you got cooking will be a step up. If things don’t work out, I recently put this up on the cabin deck out of an old fence. Got a cycle and everything!
1000000101.jpeg
1000000101.jpeg

gcrank1
# Posted: 20 Dec 2023 13:58 - Edited by: gcrank1

OMG, a Vincent!
Upscale bunkie there Paul, even has a tub

paulz
# Posted: 20 Dec 2023 18:21

Lol, yeah I bought that nice clawfooot tub some years back, had this image of me soaking in a bubbly bath, staring at the trees and sky above. Number of baths taken so far? Zero. It does make a good table top though.

The bike I built out of spare parts. I’m too weak to run it anymore.

gcrank1
# Posted: 20 Dec 2023 21:36

I had the clawfoot out of our old family farmhouse, it sat covered back of the our 1st cabin for 35ish years. I had the same intensions and had the same results! I left it for the new owners, lol.
Sorry to hear you cant run the Vincent, Paul; time isnt good to us, is it. Im still recovering from my deer-bike accident on last Aug 10. Before it I was a 'young 70', now I feel all my age.....maybe more. Have some balance issues now too; even though I had a helmet on it took a hard hit. Whole thing knocked the desire to ride right outta me.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.