Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Cabin Construction / connecting 2 cabins
Noahbaby
# Posted: 3 Jul 2022 20:05

I currently have a 12 X16' bunkie sitting on concrete piers. The piers only probably a foot or so deep but is on very hard ground and it has not moved in 12 years. I have plans for a 16 by 28 cabin beside the bunkie and would like to connect them with a breezeway. The new cabin will be on a slab. I am in Canada.
I have been told the connection between the buildings must allow for some movement since the bunkie is not on a proper foundation. How can this be achieved?
Thanks

gcrank1
# Posted: 4 Jul 2022 11:28

Ive seen a 'split breezeway',,but it was in a more moderate temp zone and the real consideration was his taxes, if they were 'hard connected' his prop taxes would go up; ie, an 'attached garage'.
Anyway, the smaller garage had the lower peaked breezeway halfway to the house and the house breezeway overlapped it with a longish 'eave' for the weather protection.
Iirc he used some garage door seal stuff to fill the gap.

gcrank1
# Posted: 20 Jul 2022 09:54

Jesmi73
You need to start your own thread rather than piggy-back on someone else's; the continuity of what is being discussed gets lost.

Brettny
# Posted: 20 Jul 2022 10:55

Quoting: jesmi73
Is the remainder of the instalation a Do-It-Yourself project

If you have to ask then no. There are DIY kits out there made by mr cool.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.