Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Made the Move
Nobadays
# Posted: 13 May 2024 01:35

Back to the cabin for the season. This year we plan to stay until around the first of February as we normally do. Last year we went back AZ early to spend Christmas with my wife's sister. Did a remodel of our city home kitchen, spent WAY TOO MUCH money! Had to come up here to save some money!

Watching the cameras it was pretty nasty up here yesterday, thundervand lightning with about an inch of snow the rain and sleep. Fortunately a good drive today with only a few rain showers. Very little snow left here and partly sunny. Now to rest up after the 9+ hour drive.

paulz
# Posted: 13 May 2024 02:10

Welcome back to the hills. Been gorgeous here all week, T-shirts in the afternoon. Still got the wood stove going overnight though, just part of being old and wimpy I guess lol.

You may remember over last winter I got a bunch of free asphalt grindings with just enough of a window to haul and spread up my driveway. Then a couple months of wetness prevented any further tractor work. The stuff did a great job though, good traction and no mud. Well this week I was finally able to get the tractor back out and back blade the tire divots and roughness out. Still could use a couple more scrapes but just about there for rest of year.
IMG_2618.jpeg
IMG_2618.jpeg

ICC
# Posted: 13 May 2024 12:39

Yep, nutty weather

Nobadays
# Posted: 13 May 2024 13:48

I wish I could get free grindings up here... not likely! To my knowledge there is only one guy with a truck that will deliver gravel up here, $500 a load. None of the local sand and gravel companies will bring their trucks up this road. It was 48* outside yesterday afternoon and 43* in the cabin... yep the stove is burning!

Yep, weird weather. We had been watching for a week to plan our move, Sunday was about the best day until the end of the week. That said it is a bluebird day today, so far, not a cloud in the sky. More rain/snow starting tomorrow I guess.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.