Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / General Forum / Mini solo/style fire pit
darz5150
# Posted: 11 May 2024 18:15

Amazon has mini table top fire pits on sale for $9.99.
Screenshot_20240511.png
Screenshot_20240511.png

paulz
# Posted: 12 May 2024 16:34

Pass the marshmallows.

Good deal but not for us at the moment, not quite an evenings outside weather yet.. Speaking of threads, I do think that a “Good deal on cabin stuff” would make a good thread.

Here’s my latest. I know most of you guys wear beards, I’m still shaving my ugly mug, not sure why. I’ve been using a hand razor in the shower, and wasting plenty of precious water and LP heat doing it. So a week ago I bought an electric razor for the cabin. Only $13, and USB recharge. Used it several times now, does the job well.
IMG_2614.jpeg
IMG_2614.jpeg

FishHog
# Posted: 12 May 2024 21:02

thats a cheap razor if it works.
I've been using an electric for 20 years, have no idea how anyone can stand having facial hair, drives me insane. I suppose working in an industry that was mandatory clean shaven has just made me used to it, but I'll never grow facial hair. Although I seem to grow more hair than I want everywhere else.

ICC
# Posted: 13 May 2024 00:47 - Edited by: ICC

I've had a beard since 1970 when the army let me go. My beard was first grown to mostly obscure some scarring. Not a bushy beard though. I use a (USB-C rechargeable) hair clipper to keep it trimmed to about 3/8" maximum.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 13 May 2024 02:00

Havent shaved since 86, not a grizzly adams length, but maybe 1/2 of his.

Fanman
# Posted: 13 May 2024 13:10

I'm a seasonal guy, beard keeps my face warm in the winter woods, comes off the first time the temp hits 80° in the spring, stop shaving in October.

paulz
# Posted: 13 May 2024 15:13

Quoting: FishHog
thats a cheap razor if it works.

Used it again this morning, still works great, I guess we’ll see how long the blades last. I tried the local box stores first, they were all 50 bucks or so.

Getting back to this thread subject (sorry Darz), I do have this fire pit given to me years ago on my deck center. Takes a 20lb lp tank. Hope to have a poker game around it one night, but for now it’s a good junk table.
IMG_2619.jpeg
IMG_2619.jpeg

darz5150
# Posted: 13 May 2024 17:32

Quoting: paulz
Good deal on cabin stuff” would make a good thread.

Your right. A separate spot for gizmos and gadgets would be nice. That way anyone could see what others have gotten all in one place.
There are things that others have posted that I would like to look at again. But have no idea where they are.
No apology needed for your post. All you did was post something that you thought someone else might find handy. Same thing I did.

darz5150
# Posted: 13 May 2024 17:44

The fire pit works pretty good. I had a rewards credit, so it only cost me $7 bucks and some change.
Also will post this cheap endoscope. I already have one with a longer cable. I taped the camera to a long tape measure, and was able to move and maneuver it way easier. Was able to fish it up between rafters. Plus with it hooked on a tape measure, you know exactly how far the problem spot may be.
IMG_20240512_2006582.jpg
IMG_20240512_2006582.jpg
Endoscope
Endoscope

gcrank1
# Posted: 13 May 2024 21:14

Just call you Doctor Darz now, got an endoscope and a sterilizer

paulz
# Posted: 22 May 2024 10:52

Quoting: ICC
I use a (USB-C rechargeable) hair clipper.

Supercuts wants 29 bucks for a haircut now! And the blades on my Flowbee are toast. So I cut my hair at the cabin yesterday with Buddy’s dog clippers. Good thing I have lots of ball caps.

Woof.

gcrank1
# Posted: 22 May 2024 13:49

$29 for just a basic guy's haircut!
What would a haircut And a shave cost?
I do mine (still have a full head but top is thinning some) with a 3" Fiskars utility scissors.
Lightly/slightly damp
Run fingers up through hair
Cut off what sticks out
It might be better to have somebody else do it....but I learned how over time and trials, lol.

FishHog
# Posted: 22 May 2024 16:51

I bought a pair of rechargeable clippers a few years ago. Cut my hair every 2 weeks at the cottage and I’ve yet to recharge it over a summer.

Been cutting my own hair for 30 years. Spend all those savings on beer

paulz
# Posted: 22 May 2024 18:42

My kinda guys! I tried Gcranks method this morning (still kind of long on top), going to take some practice. I may just get down to clipper length all around, going to take a bit of getting used to. I have so many lumps on my head I’m afraid they’ll show! At least I have plenty of these.
IMG_2673.jpeg
IMG_2673.jpeg

ICC
# Posted: 23 May 2024 04:00

Shaved head here. Every 2 to 3 days. Gillette ProGlide razor. I wear a wide brim hat outside ALL the time for skin sun protection and eye shading. I haven't had someone else cut hair for probably 40 years at least.

darz5150
# Posted: 11 Aug 2024 01:21 - Edited by: darz5150

Mini fire pit still working good. Glad I got it. Had the g kids and fam out for the 4 th of July. Hotter than hell. It was perfect for the kids doing s'mores without starting a full fire pit fire.
Tonite, a nice cool nite, just the wife and me. She's doing s'mores, I'm doing a couple beers.
Life's Good.
Screenshot_20240810.png
Screenshot_20240810.png

paulz
# Posted: 11 Aug 2024 04:09

Nice. I gotta make s'mores again one of these days. Good reminder.

Beer I got...

paulz
# Posted: 13 Aug 2024 00:21

Hmm, this has been kicking around here forever. I didn’t make it, might have been in the well shack, only thing still standing when I bought the place. Never tried it, just a dryer drum with legs.

Time to get the marshmallows for a go.
IMG_3208.jpeg
IMG_3208.jpeg

spencerin
# Posted: 16 Aug 2024 03:16

I follow a similar schedule as Fanman's. Spring and summer are the shaving months, and I go about a week between shaves. The reason behind that is a very dense beard, so it's either a lot of daily maintenance, or a weekly cleanup, which requires first a trim to a shorter length with hair clippers, followed by an electric razor, followed by a hand razor.....

I've also cut my own hair since I was 15, so nearly 30 years now. I had the same Wahl clippers since I started 'til a year ago, when the clippers ran into an electric (not mechanical) problem that couldn't be fixed. The savings is without a doubt worth it!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.